Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What to Make for Dinner?

I have a habit of printing out a gizillion recipes from the internet, throwing them in a drawer, and never making them. I have a whole huge stack that I go through frequently, thinking I will get rid of some of the older ones. I should throw out anything from 3 years ago that I haven't made, right? Then I think "that looks good and this looks good," and put them back in the drawer. Well, I was trying to think of something for dinner, and decided to grab whatever was on top and just make them. Luckily I picked two winners!




I saw this Salt 'n' Pepper Tofu at happy vegan face (originally from PPK) and it is just so good - you must make it! That is sauteed escarole on the side.


This Smoky Chickpea Soup from Bunnyfoot is also wonderful. It has saffron in it, which I got from Trader Joe's at a great price.
Isn't it cute?
I made these seed crackers that I learned at a cooking class to go with the soup. I used my leaf-shaped cookie cutters in honor of the beautiful fall weather we've been having.
The only downside of all this cooking is the dishes!

3 comments:

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

YAY for delicious food making and BOO for dish washing!
Your tofu looks amazing and so do those super cute crackers! I think we have the same set of cookie cutters. I love that little saffron bottle!

Anonymous said...

Wow. This all looks so terrific. And yes, doing dishes is the worst thing about cooking.

Susan said...

I try to keep my internet recipes in my favorites folder these days. I can never find a printout when I want it. I have a big recipes folder with a sub-folder for recipes that I have already made, for easy reference. Whenever I sit down and do actual menu-planning, I try to fit in at least one of the new recipes that I have bookmarked but haven't made yet. So far, I've found a lot of good ones, and I am not cluttering my house with even more paper that way...

Not that I am saying you shouldn't print them, just sharing what works for me!