Thursday, March 12, 2009

Heard From the Dinner Table, Part 2



"Mom, I hate that white bread you gave me for lunch. I want the brown one." Yay! The white bread was the result of realizing at 9 pm Sunday night that I had no bread for lunch the next day. I chose the natural white bread over the whole wheat with all the chemicals. Guess I will have to be more diligent about running out.

Anyway, the picture is of a great bread I tried this week. I have heard of Alvarado Street bread before, but have never seen it in the store. I have had other sprouted breads and not liked them. They are too dry and heavy. This one was also a little dry, but because it is sliced thinner that is not so much of an issue. It has a really delicious rye flavor, and 5 grams of protein per slice!

1 comment:

VEGAN TICKLES said...

Have you ever tried the Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread? It is our favorite. It's 100% sprouted grain flourless and sugar free. It is so guilt free. And the slices are thin yet stay crunchy when toasted.