Friday, April 8, 2011

A Repeat and Cute Kid Pics

Well, the reason for the clean out the fridge menu of last was that we were driving to Florida the next day. My parents live there, and we have not visited for 5 years (usually my parents come to visit us). Also, I wanted to bring my kids to Disney while they are still young. It was a very long drive but I'm glad we did it. The flights would have cost $4,000, plus another $1,000 to rent a van. What gives, airlines? I know it is spring break but are that many people willing to pay those prices? We only went to Disney one day because that, too, has increased dramatically. I read in a guide book that the ticket prices have increased 44% since 2003 (or was it 2005?) Anyway, the kids and I really enjoyed it. The Carnivore refers to it as "that evil Mickey place."

One little princess is not happy at this point.




Waiting for Mickey's Philarmagic show.


Waiting to see princesses. Over an hour on line at 10:00 pm.




But worth it for these smiles.


This was taken about midnight. The girls were still going and Bill and I were ready to drop.


They had almost as much fun the next day for free at the shopping area. Well, maybe not so free. I could not resist the Mickey martini glasses.


Waiting for the water to pop up - I have this same pose of her at 1 1/2.


We visited the Kentucky Horse Farm on the way home. Where thoroughbreds retire to.




Visited Nashville on the way down. This is at the Grand Ole Opry.


And here's the repeat - Chinese BBQ Tofu. Original link and recipe here. This stuff is good - try it!

2 comments:

vko said...

The girls are gorgeous! What a fun family vacation- they are going to remember that trip forever!

Vegan In The VI said...

Five people gaining entry to Disney World does sound rather expensive, not to mention food, drinks & souveniers. Fortunately, the memories last forever.