Hey, I've been tagged by River to share random facts about myself. I actually love these things because it helps you to get to know people. Since most of you have already done this I won't tag anyone specifically, but if you haven't, please join in so we can get to know you, too!
1. I have moved around a lot in my adult life (for my husband's job). I'm now living here on Long Island where I grew up, but spent 7 years in the midwest (Chicago suburbs and city of Milwaukee) and 1 year upstate NY. Well, actually in Sloatsburg, NY (home of the thruway rest stop and not much else), where if you say upstate they get mad. But to us, anything north of Manhattan is upstate. My favorite was Milwaukee, where they have festivals all summer long (they even have a special park to hold the festivals), in the winter when there is too much snow, you can just walk to the bars, and they allow open beers in the street (do you see a theme here?)
2. We had our children late in life (mostly because of #1 above). Assumed after three years of trying that we couldn't have any, bought myself a Mustang convertible, and promptly found myself pregnant. Proceeded to have 3 babies in 4 1/2 years (Mustang long since traded for a mini-van).
3. Decided at age 26 to learn to play the violin. Took lessons for 4 years, played in community orchestras, and had lots of fun. Never got very good, but it doesn't matter much as long as you can blend in with everyone who's better than you.
4. I love to travel and have been fortunate enough to do a fair amount. Even visiting local cities and visiting their tourist attractions and going on all-around tours is so much fun. I love to drive through neighborhoods and eat in the restaurants that the locals enjoy. And when you are a fan of classical music as I am, it is pretty awesome and humbling to actually stand in a house where Mozart wrote music.
5. I am a total sugar junkie. Especially chocolate. Dark, dark, chocolate. After having my kids, I would buy the extra large bags of chocolate chips and consume at least one a week. Fortunately, nursing a baby burns lots of calories, and super fortunately, they were not bothered by anything I ate.
6. I am also an exercise video junkie. This helps with number 5. Please recommend your favorites to me.
7. I love Disney World. I never went a a kid, and it was one of the first places I visited when I could travel on my own. I thought it was a magical place even before I had kids. Everyone said don't bring your kids there when they are young, because it is too overwhelming for them. But we did, and they loved it. It is the best when you have a picture of Mickey Mouse rocking your baby to sleep. My husband hates the place! But I want to bring my own little princesses there one more time when they are a little older so they will remember it.
So, that's me! How about you?