Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Panzanella


Panzanella is the Italian way to use up stale bread. I have never tried it, but had my leftover bread from the last post to use up. You soak the bread in water to re-hydrate it. Then add tomatoes, onion, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt & pepper. Sounds like a good idea, but I didn't love it. Maybe because I didn't like the bread to begin with? Tonight I am trying the bread with some whole wheat and rye flour added in - we'll see if it's better.



First day of school! We start early in the mid-west.









3 comments:

River said...

Your girls are so cute! I'd never heard of a panzanella before, but it sounds interesting.

Vegan In The VI said...

So you don't freeze your leftover bread? I can't imagine going to the trouble of baking my own bread and then have to think of ways to use it up!

Susan G said...

Usually I do freeze it, but somehow it got left on the counter until it was too late!