Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's Bacoonnnn!


Bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacooonnnnnn!!!!! Well not, really, but I always loved that commercial. Not for the bacon part, but for the general exuberance of dogs.

This "bacon" was in spaghetti sauce. I like Fakin' Bacon, although it tends to fall apart easily. Has anyone used the Morning Star kind?

Bacon Spaghetti

5 slices bacon of your choice
olive oil
1/2 large onion, chopped fine
28 oz can tomatoes in puree (mine had large basil leaves in it, yum)
1 t sugar
crushed red pepper or Tobasco sauce to your taste (I like a lot!)
1 bay leaf
Salt & pepper

Fry bacon in oil until crisp. Remove bacon and chop into large pieces. Use a fair amount of oil for best taste. Sautee onion until softened, 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and break up into small pieces (I smush them with my hands). Add sugar, red pepper flakes, bay leaf, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add bacon pieces. Simmer while you cook your pasta. Makes enough for one pound spaghetti. Sweet, spicy, smoky, delicious!

1 comment:

Millie said...

thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate it.