Friday, February 18, 2011

What Will Trader Joe's Think of Next?


I have always been a huge fan of chocolate covered cherries (aka cherry cordials). In the old days they only had them as part of the box of mixed chocolates. There would only be two cherries - one each for my brother and me. Then you could get Cella. Then you could get Cella dark chocolate! Never mind the Queen Anne version with that nasty creamy thing in it. Now you can get these little gems from Trader Joe's for only $1.99 for a great big box. They are truly cherry cordials - the first time I had one, I was like "did I just do a shot of something?"




Got to love that they have so much booze in them that you can't buy them if you are a minor. SV, I think you would really love these - they combine two of your favorite things!


This sign hangs in my bar area- I laughed out loud when I saw it in the store and it always makes me smile still.

Hey, it's Friday - hopefully the Carnivore will make me a chocolate martini when he gets home.

3 comments:

Vegan In The VI said...

What?! What?! What?! I have not seen those cordials at my Trader Joe's! It may be a liquor law thing. TJ's doesn't sell liquor in Virginia. I'll check next week for them.

vko said...

Hmm, I was never a big fan of cherry cordials- as a kid, I would eat the chocolate shell & avoid the cherry & syrup...what I do love are TJ's chocolate covered cherries!Maybe it's time to revisit the cordial now that I'm an adult ;)

Unknown said...

They are $6 now